Our emergency service is there for you at any time
Make an appointment with us today
09:00-12:00 and 14:00-17:00
Friday only; 1030-1230
10:30-12:30, every other Saturday 10:30-11:30.
Take a look at this month's
At the Golf, we believe that all animals have a right to treatment and freedom from disease, pain and suffering. To this end, we offer cover for those eligible under the Peoples Dispensary for Sick Animals (PDSA).
To be eligible, the following criteria must be met:
1) You must be registered as a client with the practice for at least 3 months.
2) You must have your pet fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination must be provided.
3) As of November 2012 your pet must be neutered.
4) You must live within postcode area DD10 OR DD11
5) With effect from April 2013 Council Tax Benefit will be replaced by means-tested reductions in Council Tax referred to as Council Tax Support or Council Tax Reduction Scheme - BOTH can be accepted as proof of benefit for PDSA purposes.
6) You must collect a PDSA form from the practice, fill in the appropriate sections, get the form stamped by the Benefit office and return the form to the practice with a £7.50 postal order (please note: cheques and cash will NOT be accepted).
After the form has been sent, registration can take up to 2 months.
When your pet is seen by the vet, you will be asked for a donation towards the cost of the treatment. This donation is passed directly to the PDSA. The suggested donation is a £5 minimum but you may donate as much as you wish. Many of our clients like to pay a percentage of the cost of more major treatments such as surgeries and long term medication.
The practice reserves the right to refuse PDSA registration to clients on an individual basis. For information on what the PDSA does and doesn't cover, the standard guidelines can be downloaded below.